Director, Portfolio Management
Posted:March 4th, 2019
The Director, Portfolio Management, Canadian Corporate Banking Department 2 (CCBD2) reports to the Managing Director, CCBD2, and is responsible for the monitoring, reporting, and documentation of the loan and derivative portfolio. This includes new and existing credit applications, close watch reports, exposure management plans, and portfolio analysis.
Reports to: Managing Director
Direct Reports: None
- Manages the team responsible for the management and delivery of credit products and related documentation to Americas Credit Department and other related departments
- Responsible for the monitoring of the credit portfolio and escalate any credit concerns to Managing Director, with further correspondence delivered to Americas Credit Department as warranted
- Ensure that the credit portfolio is appropriately rated and that the annual ratings are maintained and updated as and when appropriate
- Lead ISDA negotiations between the client and MCMC credit.
- Ensure that all loan compliance records and reports are maintained on scheduled basis and report the same to Risk Management
- Maintain the compilation of industry statistics for use in credit applications and marketing materials
- Ensure that all financial models and client profiles are up to date
Management and development of team
- As part of the deal team, take an active role in the credit structuring and negotiating of new and existing transaction
- Attend all client meetings with relationship managers to ensure proper credit representation
- Develop and communicate a clear vision for the team within the context of the division’s overall strategy and goals
- Conduct appropriate employee training on the skills and knowledge necessary to ensure optimum employee performance and career development
- The Director, Portfolio Management, may also be assigned other duties and tasks as determined by the Managing Director
- Five to ten years of experience in a financial institution or lending function
- University degree in relevant discipline, or equivalent
- Knowledge of credit policies and standards and lending and lending policies and procedures
- Strong business and financial knowledge and understanding of Portfolio Manager responsibilities
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word and Excel, PowerPoint, and financial forecast models
- Experience with Bank financial analysis and spreadsheet systems associated with lending
- Teamwork and time management skills
- Strong analytical judgment, comprehension and decision making skills
- Good planning, organization and prioritization skills
- Ability to multi-task
Team Lead, Enterprise and Operational Risk Management
Posted:February 22, 2019
Our client, a global foreign financial institution, originally came to Canada in 1981 offering a full range of financial services to Korean businesses and immigrants. evolved and expanded its focus to serve all Canadians. In 2015, after a successful merger our client is now a large domestic bank , but it also boasts an extensive overseas network with more than 1200 offices in 25 countries. Its 11 branches in Canada serve the cities of Toronto, Calgary, Vancouver, Burnaby, Coquitlam, and Richmond.
To achieve our goal of being the best foreign bank in Canada, we are continuing to grow and are looking for a professional Team Lead, Enterprise and Operational Risk Management to join our Bank. We are committed to providing a great workplace environment that fosters a culture of respect, openness and support.
Job Title: Team Lead, Enterprise and Operational Risk Management
Reports to: Chief Risk Officer
Department: Risk Management Direct
Start Date: As soon as possible
- Overall management of Enterprise Risk Management (excluding Credit Risk)
- Oversight of Operational Risk Management program
- Management of Capital Adequacy Assessment and Planning
- Risk Monitoring System Management
- Regulatory Reporting
Roles and Responsibilities
- Overall management of ERM.
- Maintenance of Risk Appetite Framework and Statement, and Risk Management Framework.
- Provide independent challenge of risk activities performed in business and corporate functions.
- Prepare and deliver training to Bank staff on enterprise risk management and Operational.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly risk and regulatory reporting for management risk committees, Board committees, parent bank and regulators.
- Prepare progress reporting on RMD matters for management team, parent bank, and internal audit.
- Organize Risk Management Steering Committee meetings.
- Lead ERM team, including attracting, developing and retaining staff.
Implementation of Operational Risk Management (ORM)
- Oversee implementation of Business Process Mapping & Risk Control Self-Assessments by business and corporate functions, including facilitation of RCSA sessions, challenge of RCSA results, follow-up of action items.
- Maintain Operational Risk Policy and related guidelines.
- Provide oversight of the implementation and monitoring of Key Risk Indicators for Operational Risk across the Bank.
- Implementation of ORM Reporting to Risk Management Steering Committee and the Board’s Risk Management Committee.
Management of Capital Adequacy Planning & Assessment process
- Perform an annual internal capital adequacy assessment and report results to the Risk Management Steering Committee and the Board Risk Management.
- Propose risk limits for capital adequacy.
- Prepare annual capital plan.
- Design and implement stress tests for significant risks.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reporting of capital adequacy and capital planning.
Risk Monitoring System Management
- Manage the maintenance contract
- Ensure adequate controls over the Risk Monitoring System
- Review reports for regulatory returns, parent bank, public disclosure
- Attract, and oversee development and retention of staff, including objective setting, coaching and performance management.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with other members of the Risk Management Department, members of the branch and corporate function teams and other senior management, parent bank personnel, OSFI, external auditors, and members of the Board of Directors.
- Monitor industry developments and regulatory changes for emerging risks and changes that may need to be made to Bank risk management processes. Escalate any related issues to the appropriate departments and the CRO.
- University Degree in business, mathematics or economics
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a risk management role within a Canadian federally regulated financial institution.
- Possess strong analytical skills, including conceptual thinking and excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain a collaborative work environment for staff and colleagues.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication Ability to synthesize and present complex concepts in a clear and concise manner.
- Ownership and Accountability – take responsibility for decision making and accomplishing objectives within role, taking initiative to create value for the bank.
Senior Manager, Capital Markets DFE Product Control
Posted:February 4, 2019
- University Accounting degree
- Accounting or CIA designation preferred
- 3 years of audit and compliance experience with strong understanding of internal controls
- PC skills, Excel, Word & PowerPoint
- Strong communication skills in both Spanish and English
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Willing to travel within Mexico and abroad
Critical Success Factors:
- An independent critical thinker who displays attention to detail
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and time management skills with the ability to multi-task
- Desire and ability to learn about the business and understand the production process to link it to the financial statements.
- Works with limited supervision and direction
- Adopts an active approach and a perpetual willingness to get personally involved in order to increase the pace and efficiency and achieve departmental and company goals and objectives.
- Consistently thinking beyond the borders of audit to help create a culture of continuous improvement.
- Embraces the challenge of problem solving and identifying and implementing well thought through practical solutions.
- Completion of the annual testing requirements of all assignments as per the annual audit schedule
- Identify control deficiencies, summarize and evaluate making recommendations for remediation.
- Act as a consultant to internal process owners seek out best practices used to strengthen the control environment
- Assist with external auditors for year-end audit
- Office environment most of the time, with exposure to manufacturing plant floor.Health and Safety Responsibilities
- Must work in accordance with Health and Safety regulations, Company rules, plant rules, and policies and procedures.
- Must use or wear equipment, protective devices or certain clothing as required.
Posted:February 4, 2019
Our client, a global manufacturing company has an immediate need for an
Internal Auditor in their corporate office.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Developing audit objectives, scopes and programs to evaluate the effectiveness of internal controls of major company operations
- Identifying business risks, documenting business processes and conducting preliminary assessments
- Applying appropriate audit techniques to analyze information and assess the adequacy of existing controls.
- Developing constructive recommendations to mitigate identified control deficiencies
- Preparing audit reports to communicate observations and recommendations to senior management
- Completing projects proficiently, thoroughly and within budgetQualifications:
- A recognized university degree and a CA designation ( External audit experience desired)
- Experience in a BIG 4 or national public accounting firm with exposure to the manufacturing industry ideal
- Bill 198/SOX experience
- Experience in using audit tools such as ACL
- Above average analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficiency in designing and executing audit programs
- Excellent documentation skills
- Strong organizational, time management and project management skills
- Proven ability to work in a team environment dealing with people from various disciplines to achieve goals, and to identify and resolve problems with minimal supervision
- Creative and can think out of the box
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Flexibility to travel domestically and internationally