Posted:July 15, 2022
Our client, a private Investment Counsel Firm, is looking for a Head of Operations and Compliance.
The successful candidate will manage the client service and administrative teams, oversee firm wide client reporting and operational processes, lead the firm’s compliance function in support of the Chief Compliance Officer, participate in the firm’s IT planning and management, and manage the firm’s office infrastructure. As a key member of the management team, the successful candidate’s primary responsibilities are to ensure the quality, effectiveness, and efficiency of the client service and administrative teams and processes to support the company’s mission of investment and client service excellence in a compliant manner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Daily management of the client service team to ensure timely processing of documents, securities, and client fund transfers.
2. Work with staff and the portfolio managers to troubleshoot and resolve specific client issues.
3. Liaise with the firm’s custodian.
4. Manage client reporting systems and processes including the responsibility for production and distribution of quarterly statements and annual tax packages.
5. Supervise document management personnel including client recordkeeping systems and processes.
6. Document operational, administrative and client service policies, procedures, and work instructions.
7. Plan and manage projects designed to improve operational elements of the firm.
8. Maintain the firm’s Policy and Procedure Manual. 9. Oversee the operation of the firm’s client portal.
10. Participate in the development and execution of the annual business plan.
11. Participate in the firm’s Portfolio Management System and IT Committees.
1. Co-chair the firm’s Compliance Committee.
2. Coordinate the preparation of regulatory filings and maintenance of compliance logs.
3. Ensure all client service procedures, documentation, communications and files comply with AML, FATCA and CRS reporting requirements.
4. Maintain the firm’s client relationship disclosure documentation and draft new documents and/or communications as required.
5. Review, approve and retain records of marketing material.
6. Remain up to-date on regulatory requirements and trends including attending PMAC and industry events.
7. Oversee the Compliance training of Tacita associates.
8. Take a leading role in responding to any regulatory inquiries and audits.
9. Lead any internal compliance audit programs as required.
1. Supervise the firm’s administrative staff to ensure smooth daily operation of the office.
2. Manage the firm’s office infrastructure including facilities, IT equipment and liaising with the firm’s landlord.
3. Manage the firm’s insurance programs.
1. Participate as a member of the firm’s Management Committee.
2. Participate as a member and/or leader of various project teams. 3. Other management responsibilities and deliverables as required.
- Five plus years of people management experience
- Proven project management experience
- Three plus years experience with an investment counsel firm or securities firm focused on affluent Canadians with direct client service experience
- Extensive knowledge of investment operations, registered plans, client reporting, and cash management. This includes products, compliance procedures and custody.
- Oriented to “hands on” daily management of tasks, communications, and projects
- Proven ability to deliver a high level of service
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational, and project management skills
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and deadlines
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Flexible regarding working hours to meet service levels when required
- Knowledge of Ndex Systems is a plus
- Undergraduate degree in business, finance, accounting, or related discipline
- Industry related education including CSC, CIM, PDO and/or compliance courses
- Accurate, timely client service and deliverables
- Successful team leadership
- On time project completion and quality
- Successful completion of assigned tasks
- The development and implementation of process improvements
- Quality of interpersonal relations
- Contributions to firm spirit and compatibility with culture
Interested candidates please contact Stephanie Williams at email@example.com.