Posted:September 18, 2023
Our client, is looking for an experienced investment industry professional to join their growing team as a Senior Consultant.
Currently serves over 150 affluent Canadian families across the country, with approximately $17 billion in Assets under Consultation™*. Their is to empower families for the future and assist them across the full range of their financial, social, and human capital needs.
They have been on a growth trajectory for several years and are looking for a talented person with aligned values to join their team.
You will lead relationships with affluent families, help build and manage a talented practice group, and help the organization support families across the Family Office Macrocosm™. We believe this role offers an excellent long-term home alongside dedicated team members.
Key Skills and Attributes
- A broad and in-depth working knowledge of the Canadian investment industry
- 15+ years of relevant experience
- Highly collaborative nature with the ability to build trusted relationships
- Investment knowledge on a range of asset classes, including Alternatives
- Strong social skills and business acumen to manage and guide internal and external stakeholders
- Curiosity to understand clients’ needs and translate them into value-add opportunities
- Flexibility to work as needed by clients
Candidates must have (i) relevant investment management experience as either an Advising Representative or Associate Advising Representative; and (ii) obtained the CFA or CIM designation.
We require successful completion of the Exempt Market Products Exam for the role, but you may complete it after the start date.
We will prioritize candidates with experience providing advice to affluent families (e.g., family offices and ultra-high net worth individuals).
- Own clients’ overall experience with our organization
- Participate in discovery with prospective or new client families
- Identify and advance clients’ priorities beyond their investment portfolios
- Provide education and trusted advice on investments
- Lead client meetings and ensure materials meet or exceed expectations
- Strategic Investment Planning
- Develop integrated investment plans based on clients’ unique goals and needs
- Oversee the development of, and updates to, clients’ Investment Policy Statements
- Review new client families’ existing investments for alignment with their objectives
- Liaise with clients’ tax advisors to align investment and tax planning
- Stay in tune with changes to clients’ lives and whether their plans require changes
- Provide non-discretionary clients with recommendations that are actionable and concise
- Manage discretionary client capital following clients’ IPSs and internal resources
- Coordinate with clients’ tax advisors to help them assess asset placement considerations
- Attend Investment Committee meetings and remain apprised of our investment activities
- Ensure investment execution with practice group members, client service and operations
Reporting and Monitoring
- Provide ongoing information, analysis, and education to client families on their investments
- Oversee the timely delivery and accuracy of investment reporting
- Manage the design and delivery of any custom portfolio analyses for clients
- Liaise with the investment and operations team from time to time to address client questions
- Industry competitive salary.
- Performance-based bonus structure.
- Health benefits via participation in the firm’s health spending account.
- Four weeks’ vacation per annum
Interested candidates please contact Stephanie Williams at email@example.com.