Posted:September 18, 2023
Our Client, is searching for a Compliance Specialist.
The successful candidate will lead the firm’s compliance function in support of the Chief Compliance Officer. As a key member of the firm, the successful candidate’s primary responsibilities are to support the company’s mission of investment and client service excellence in a compliant manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
A) Firm Compliance
1. Maintain the firm’s Policy and Procedure Manual.
2. Maintain the firm’s client relationship disclosure documentation and complete the initial drafts of new documents and/or communications as required.
3. Assume Chief AML and Chief Privacy roles and responsibility for OBSI relationship.
4. Maintain compliance logs as well as the corporate Compliance files.
5. Attend PMAC compliance sessions as well as relevant NBIN webinars.
6. Monitor the websites and publications of the OSC, CSA, FINTRAC and select legal firms for upcoming regulatory changes and best practices.
7. Review, approve and retain records of marketing material.
8. Oversee the Compliance training of Tacita associates.
9. Take a leading role in responding to any regulatory inquiries and audits.
10. Liaise with the firm’s external compliance consultant.
11. Manage the firm’s NRD and registration applications and updates.
12. Initiate and track annual associate disclosures and certifications.
13. Ensures sign off annually to our Code of Ethics for Personal Investing and Business Conduct by all associates.
14. Coordinating regulatory compliance procedures across organizational structures.
15. Annual review of Business Continuity Plan and associated testing.
16. Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
B) Client Compliance
1. Ensure all client service procedures, documentation, communications and files comply with AML, FATCA and CSA/OSC reporting requirements.
2. Monthly AML scans.
3. Sign off on the completion of client onboarding files.
4. KYC tracking and reviews including auditing completion of confirmation emails and their filing.
5. Review client risk assessments.
6. Work with staff and the portfolio managers to troubleshoot and resolve specific client issues.
7. Liaise with the custodian, NBIN, as required.
C) Private Pool Compliance
1. Review and authorize TCI Premia Pool subscription forms received for non-managed account investments.
D) Regulatory Filings and Reports
1. Coordinate the preparation and submission of non-financial regulatory filings.
2. File Quebec semi-annual complaint form.
3. Assist in drafting the Annual Compliance Report to the Board.
4. Prepare the Annual Compliance Plan and Calendar for CCO sign off and submit a weekly
and monthly checklist of all completed activities to the CCO.
5. Conduct Biennial Risk AML/TF Assessment and prepare initial draft Report and lead any other internal compliance audit programs as required.
E) Committees and Projects
1. Evolve to the Compliance Committee Chair but is immediately responsible for assisting in preparing Agenda and doing minutes/action items.
2. Sit on Valuation and Fee Committees.
3. Participate in or lead various projects as required.
- University degree in business, finance, legal or related discipline.
- Industry related education including PDO and/or other compliance courses.
- Three or more years of experience with an investment counsel firm or securities firm focused on affluent Canadians is required. Additional fund or pool compliance experience is beneficial but not required.
- Oriented to “hands on” daily management of tasks, communications, and projects.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational, and project management skills.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Knowledge of Ndex Systems is a plus.
- Flexible regarding working hours to meet service levels when required.
- Successful completion of assigned tasks.
- Ability to plan and implement new compliance developments and ensure the firm meets its compliance obligations.
- The development, documentation and implementation of process improvements.
- Quality of work and interpersonal relations.
- Contributions to firm spirit and compatibility with culture.
Interested candidates please contact Stephanie Williams at email@example.com.