Posted:January 5, 2022
Our client, a Global Financial Institution with a strong presence in Canada, is searching for a Vice President for their Global Corporate & Investment Banking team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the Power & Utilities portfolio of Canadian Corporate clients. Experience in the Power & Utilities Sector coupled with a comprehensive understanding of the wide range of complex financial issues facing clients in this sector is essential. The role provides the opportunity to leverage the full breadth of the bank’s products to originate new business opportunities.
- Direct account responsibility of the Canadian Power & Utilities portfolio along with mid-size Infrastructure / Renewable Financial Sponsors
- Collaborate and support senior coverage bankers located in Toronto and in the U.S. with business development including idea generation, presentation of pitch materials, etc., to increase wallet penetration
- Identify and actively market the bank’s full range of Investment Banking, Global Markets and Global Transaction Banking products and solutions for the existing Power & Utilities portfolio and prospective clients.
- Develop, in collaboration with respective product partners, tailored solutions for clients based on their needs
- Maintain frequent contact with all clients to strengthen and stabilize the bank’s footprint in Canada
- Participate in quarterly investor/earnings calls and keep up to date with industry trends
- Present tailored solutions / strategic views to the individuals with key decision-making authorities within each corporate customer
- Monitor each relationship and provide frequent relationship updates to Senior Management and Credit Department of the Americas
- Working with senior coverage bankers, this role requires the drafting, execution and monitoring of each client’s account plan and annual renewal.
- Systematic use of the CRM (Sales Force) tool to ensure the widest appropriate audience is made aware of marketing actions (client meetings etc.) and summary of client discussions (call reports)
- Maintain KYC compliance for existing and new customers, including coordinating all on-boarding efforts
- Work with RMs to prepare/update deal pipelines regularly and ensure revenues are tracked accurately
- Assist in the troubleshooting of any operational issues and ensure client concerns are addressed timely and efficiently
Client/Brand Relationship Building:
- Promote bank as the “First-call bank in Canada for global solutions”
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the bank’s brand
- Keep up to date with selective industry trends for sectors covered
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant banking experience, including Canadian Power & Utilities industry experience and network
- Proven track record of success in corporate business development and relationship management
- Excellent Corporate Finance skills
- Awareness of risks (credit, operational, KYC) and optimization of balance sheet (liquidity / RWA)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business and/or Finance/Economics coupled with an MBA or CA
- Self-motivated, entrepreneurial, and team player
- Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Ability to work on multiple priorities
Interested candidates please contact Shan Collins at: firstname.lastname@example.org