Posted:January 8, 2020
Our client, a European corporate and investment bank is expanding in Canada has an immediate need for a Vice President, Credit, FIG, Corporate/Investment Banking
COVERAGE & INVESTMENT BANKING/Client Credit Group-Financial Institutions (CORI/CCG). The mission of CCG/FIG is to provide credit analysis and manage the credit relationship with clients of the Financial Institution Group and Global Markets sectors. This position has a focus on banks and broker-dealers in the Americas region.
The individual will be responsible for credit analysis of existing or new financial institution clients/counterparties related to the following industries: banks and brokers located in the Americas region. Products traded include OTC derivatives, prime services products, repo, securities lending, trade finance and specialized financing.
Day-to-day responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Process credit requests in a timely manner to meet business deadlines and maintain the annual review cycle.
- Research and analyze financial data on the client to prepare high quality analysis in credit applications that address client credit risk and transaction risk.
- Conduct economic and banking sector research covering the Americas to support the analysis.
- Exhibit sound credit judgment skills when recommending credit limits, taking into consideration size, tenor, and suitability for client.
- Use SG internal rating model to propose counterparty ratings.
- Manage key components of counterparty credit administration such as internal ratings, trading documentation (ISDA/CSA, GMRA, GMSLA, FAA), and replacement risk limits. Establish credit terms for legal documents and follow up with legal department on negotiations.
- Identification of possible deterioration of credit quality.
- Monitor exposure and manage credit limit exceptions. Adapt to ongoing accounting and regulatory changes that affect credit limits and exposure.
- Portfolio analysis and production of credit reports and outlooks for commercial banks and investment banks located in the Americas. Perform credit outlooks and research on specific issues related to the portfolio of financial institutions. Preparation of credit applications for annual reviews.
- Ability to organize time and manage deliverables to deadlines
- Ability to identify and accommodate shifting priorities with little notice
- Ability to complete work with minimal or no supervision
- Ability to work in a team environment, interfacing with team members, front office bankers and salespersons, risk team, legal department, and clients.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate counterparty risk and financial condition based utilizing quantitative and qualitative data.
- Proficiency using Word for written analysis and Excel for spreadsheet analysis
- Ability to acquire knowledge of the accounting, legal and regulatory issues governing relevant sectors.
- Ability to investigate/research/synthesize data and make appropriate conclusions as to what is causing the observed result(s)
- Ability to write concisely and in a way that conveys analysis and conclusions with minimal follow-up questions
- Develop competency with internal systems.
- Strong knowledge of capital markets/traded products.
PRIOR WORK EXPERIENCE
- 4-5 years in a credit analysis role focusing on banks and broker-dealers
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- Fluency in French, Spanish or Portuguese a plus
Please Note: This role can be located out of Montreal or Toronto.
Interested candidates please contact Stephanie Williams at (416) 945-6601 ext. 231 or forward your resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are already working with another CRG Recruiter, feel free to ask them about this position.