Posted:October 3, 2022
Our Client, a recognized leader in private equity investments is searching for their next SVP, Wholesale Fund Sales.
Our client is a recognized leader in private equity investments, and we believe all Canadians should be able to responsibly build their wealth through high quality real estate investments. Our exponential growth is a direct outcome of our leadership team understanding how the industry works and how to create long-term wealth through real estate investing. We’ve discovered that finding the right opportunities involves time, experience, and discipline. Our strategy is always forward-looking, anticipating trends and adapting our selection to strengthen our market position, capitalizing on value creation opportunities, and building the most robust portfolio possible for our investors. We attract diverse, exceptionally talented people and create an atmosphere that rewards initiative, independent thinking, and integrity.
About the Position:
Reporting to the CEO, the successful candidate will be responsible for capital raise activities and business development as it relates to the distribution of its investment funds and products. They will primarily be responsible for capital raise efforts through the financial advisory community.
Key Functions and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement strategies to obtain buy-in for the firm’s investment products from the financial advisory community (IIROC, MFDA, EMD and Discretionary PM firms).
- Oversee the investment product approval process at various financial advisory firms including: determining approval criteria, obtaining buy-in and commitments from advisors, being the point of contact with analysts and investment committees.
- Ensure capital raise goals and targets are met.
- Manage departmental budgets.
- Lead, motivate and develop the wholesale capital raise team members through coaching, constructive feedback and development conversations.
- Ensure high levels of client satisfaction both at the advisor partner and individual investor level.
- Assist with the firm’s growth by continuing to identify and pursue opportunities for new relationships with firms and with the advisor community, including working with the marketing and communications teams as required.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Strong background leading a wholesale capital raise team.
- Excellent negotiating and sales skills with the ability to act strategically.
- Very strong organizational and time management skills. Ability to drive momentum and manage the business effectively.
- Blend of analytical and strategic mindset. Ability to delve into data/trends, apply strategic insights and leverage opportunities.
- One must be highly self-motivated and have a strong work ethic and discipline. Ability to consistently perform at a high-level with minimal oversight.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills – both at an individual and large audience level.
- Ability to travel nationally to cover regional responsibilities and assist with other locations as required.
- Must be able to thrive in an extremely fast-pace, high stress, growth environment.
Education and Experience:
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in investment product sales at both the wholesale and individual level.
- Must have a proven network of existing industry relationships.
- Alternative or private market experience is an important asset.
- Degree in business management or finance.
- CFA an asset.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
In addition to being dedicated to building a workforce that leverages diverse talent, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible experience where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. We are an equal opportunity employer that values a culture that reflects and celebrates diversity of thought, background and experience. If you require accommodation for any part of the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms, etc.), please let us know, so that we will work with you to meet your needs. We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue will be contacted.
Interested candidates please contact Stephanie Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org.