Posted:June 2, 2021
Our client, a growing Accounting Firm, is looking for a Senior Staff Accountant to join their team.
Currently looking for a driven, detail oriented, and resourceful problem solver to complement our existing Small Business Assurance team in Sudbury, Ontario. If you are an early to mid- career CPA with a focus on quality and a collaborative approach to client engagement, we want to hear from you!
As the successful candidate you are highly organized and already have your CPA designation complimented with 5 + years of progressive work experience. You are known by your colleagues for your analytical thinking, poise under pressure, and ability to coordinate information sharing across diverse stakeholder groups. With compassion and integrity, you understand the need to meet statutory deadlines but also understand when to be flexible with respect to changing priorities and deadlines.
The Senior Staff Accountant, Small Business Assurance is a professional who with the support of our Managers and Partners of the Firm, will plan and prepare year end assurance engagements and train intermediate and junior staff in accordance with the Firm’s Quality Assurance Manual.
- Plan, execute, and finalize a wide range of Audit, Review, and Compilation engagements (T1, T2, T3, T5), both independently and as part of a team governed with Canadian Auditing and Review standards.
- Supervise junior staff during field assignments, inform managers of engagement status, and manage the outlined engagement progress.
- Review work performed by junior and intermediate team members for larger assurance engagements.
- Provide effective leadership, mentorship, and skills development that support the values of the Firm.
- Analyze financial information, accounting processes and operations procedures; provide account reconciliations and propose adjusting entries.
- Prepare and review financial statements and related note disclosures.
- Ensure financial statements and note disclosures are in accordance with Canadian generally accepted accounting principles (ASPE only).
- Assess risk, controls, operational performance, and adherence to GAAP.
- Prepare corporate income tax returns. Collaborate with the tax department on client tax planning opportunities.
- Prepare personal and non-profit organization information and charitable tax returns.
- Collaborate with peers and senior management on file planning and completion within time constraints.
- Provide personal, attentive service to clients to encourage productive working
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with clients including communication to arrange timing of year-end inventory counts, interim, and year-end fieldwork.
- Develop appropriate knowledge, skills. and competence consistent with CPA professional development requirements and professional competencies.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and other requirements
- CPA designation with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in audit and assurance required.
- Working knowledge of ASPE standards required.
- Proficiency with Caseware or other accounting software is preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, ) required.
- Related experience supporting owner-managed private corporations is an asset.
- Familiarity with various accounting programs and software is considered an asset.
- Strong project management, problem-solving, time management and prioritizing skills.
- Dedication to teamwork, leadership, and integrity within a professional environment.
- Excellent communication skills, with previous experience in a customer service-related position; strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Commitment to continuous learning.
- Commitment to organization and high performance.
- Reliable vehicle and good driving record required as this role will require limited local travel.
- Job type: Full-time
- Experience: Audit and Assurance (5 years), Public Accounting (5 years)
- License: CPA
- Location: Sudbury, On
- Language: English, French (asset)
Benefits of working with us:
- Culture of lifelong learning
- Supportive and collaborative work environment
- Enthusiastic and participative team spirit
- Commitment to community engagement
- Flexible hours to allow for work life balance
- Casual Friday dress policy
- Competitive and comprehensive benefits
Firm Profile – Not your typical accounting firm!
Our client’s mission is to maintain economic opportunity for entrepreneurs, their organizations, and our communities. Working primarily with private sector business owners and community organizations, simplifies complex organizational challenges by building more robust business relationships.
Through the assurance, advisory, and taxation lines of their business, 35 professionals ensure clients, and their teams meet compliance and reporting requirements. Additionally, they work directly with our clients’ decision makers to reduce information risk, proactively seeking to identify, mitigate, and manage risk appropriately in their businesses.
Community Profile – No longer a lunar landscape!
Sudbury, Ontario is the City of Lakes! Located in the center of North-eastern Ontario, our municipality is the second largest by landmass in Canada, home to over 330 lakes and 166,000 Sudburians. As the economic hub of Northern Ontario, Sudbury continues to grow and evolve to support our bustling industries. As the hub, our local economy provides private and public sector services to a broader catchment area of approximately 650,000 Ontarians.
With an eclectic mix of urban, suburban, and wilderness environments we consider Sudbury a Northern Paradise catering to any lifestyle. Whether you’re into sports, music, the food scene, outdoor leisure, lake life, or the arts Sudbury has something of substance for everyone.
We thank all applicants for their interest. We will however, only contact those whose skills and experience closely match our requirements for the position.
Our client offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted regarding a job opportunity, please advise our team if you require accommodation.
Interested candidates please contact Stephanie Williams at (416) 945-6601 ext. 231 or forward your resumes to email@example.com.