Posted:July 25, 2022
Our client, an award winning Canadian financial institution is on a mission to become the best full-service bank for business owners in Canada.
This Commercial team includes a diverse group of banking professionals who strive every single day to achieve strong results for the bank and their clients. Their team of designated commercial bankers understand the value of relationship building and brings that perfect combination of stellar stewardship, client support and financial expertise to the table.
No day is ever the same in commercial banking. Whether it’s providing proactive client solutions, stellar service support, consultation sessions or financial advice, they are every step of the way for their clients to ensure they reach their personal and business dreams. It’s this top service that we are known for.
Lead business development activities to build and maintain a portfolio of diversified commercial clients, with average loan and deposit volumes between $2MM and $10MM, in a specified geographic market. This individual contributor role is fully qualified to develop and foster banking relationships for medium size commercial enterprises and is responsible to own and deliver full-service banking and financial solutions, in concert with Senior Account Specialists and other internal partners. This position functions as the primary resource for extension of the full range of bank products and services applicable to the medium size business client.
- Client focused: Deliver outstanding client experiences at every interaction and execute on plans to continuously build the client experience, in line with their brand promise. Provide full-service solutions for clients with the view to be every client’s primary financial partner.
- Portfolio management: You will drive growth while cultivating a diverse mix of client accounts.
- Sales activation: You will undertake the gamut in sales activities including annual loan, deposit, cash management, revenue, and new client objectives.
- Networking: You will connect and establish networks with a variety of partners and clients to develop lasting relationships for you and the bank.
- Risk management: Together with the commercial credit team, you will utilize your risk assessment skills to ensure appropriate measures are put into place and risk assessment protocols and structures are implemented, while balancing risk and reward within risk appetite.
- Mentorship: Although no direct employees report to you, you will develop a strong leadership foundation by coaching and mentoring work with junior employees.
Capabilities that will take you further
- Financially savvy. You’ve garnered strong commercial lending experience that has allowed you to plan, execute and develop strategies that have resulted in you hitting your sales targets and business goals out of the financial institution park.
- A strategic planner. You’ve heard it your whole life, but you’re a planner and an excellent one at that. Your innate eye for details and strategy allows you to set winning plans that result in achievements and business successes.
- An encouraging teammate. You love to work collaboratively. You see the value in working together and have achieved many professional wins because of this mentality.
- Think big and beyond. Although you pride yourself in being detail oriented and can see well into the weeds of problems, it is your knack for strategy and solutions that sets you apart from your peers.
Foundational knowledge and experience to grow with
A Bachelor’s Degree in commerce, finance or accounting fields and a minimum of 5 years’ experience within commercial lending or related experience.
Interested candidates please contact Stephanie Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org.