Posted:December 7, 2021
Our client is currently searching for a Senior Finance Analyst to be a part of a global automotive supplier.
Engaged in the design, development and manufacturing of metal parts, assemblies and modules, complex fluid management systems and aluminium products. Our Client employ’s approximately 15,000 skilled and motivated people at manufacturing, engineering and technical centres in Canada, the United States, Mexico, Brazil, Germany, Slovakia, Spain and China. The business strategy leverages world-class technologies, motivated and talented people, and high-quality products.
Our Client’s Mission is to make people’s lives better by:
- Delivering outstanding quality products and services to their customers.
- Providing meaningful opportunity, job satisfaction, and job security for their people;
- Being positive contributors to their communities; and,
- Providing superior long-term investment returns to their stakeholders.
Our Client’s strength is their people
We invite you to follow your dreams and explore a challenging and rewarding career with our Client.
- Provide visibility and insight of business operations to management through data analysis driven by exceptional excel/dash-boarding abilities to support management decision making. Including the analysis of overheads, labour hours, product offerings and mix optimization to drive profitability.
- Design, prepare, and maintain complex financial models to optimize the business model, maximize the use and efficiency of available credit facilities to enhance working capital and operational cash flow.
- Take the lead in analyzing and reviewing complex financing contracts (EDC) and monitor international supplier base to ensure compliance with internal and external requirements.
- Develop, evaluate, and help guide operations on key performance indicators in a job shop manufacturing environment.
- Partner with finance team and operational team (Program managers, die team, assembly team…) to support the preparation of the 12-month rolling forecast and annual business plan by ensuring timely and accurate inputs of milestone data, engineering changes, and contract revisions.
- Carry out monthly analysis on key financial statement accounts, tooling and capital GL reconciliation, P&L, and Operating Cash flow identify opportunities and make recommendations.
- Collaborate with the controller and purchasing team to improve financial information tools and take initiatives to improve the quality and efficiency of financial data and processes.
- Assist in the completion of month end, quarter end, and year end processes including:
- Preparation of assigned account reconciliations and analysis to support financial statements.
- Manage and record program recognition journal entries.
- Assist in the data extraction to support the preparation of standard corporate reporting requirements including Capital and Tooling balances by program in a timely manner.
- Support and assist in the co-ordination of external and internal audit requirements.
- Prepare ad hoc reporting and participate in other projects as required.
- College diploma or University Accounting degree (CPA or CFA designation,)
- 3-5 years’ experience in industry reporting and analysis, with proven Strong project management skills
- An independent critical thinker who displays attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to maintain an effective system of internal controls over all financial areas
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and time management skills with the ability to multi-task
- Experience in working in an AS400 environment (CMS or Solarsoft experience is preferred)
- Advanced MS Office skills including data extraction, query building, financial modelling, dashboards
- Experienced with integrated Finance software packages and SAP-BPC (is an asset)
- Proven self-starter, who requires limited supervision and direction, yet achieves tasks and overcomes problems and provides effective direction and analysis, A high degree of initiative, self-starter nature
- Demonstrates focus and drive to achieve targets, budgets and results through development and maintenance of operational and financial KPI’s/Dashboards.
- Desire and ability to learn about the business and understand the production process by attending and participating in daily production meetings and regularly walking through the production floor to develop the necessary link between the production processes and the financial statements.
- Adopts a proactive approach and a perpetual willingness to get personally involved in order to increase the pace and efficiency and achieve Departmental, Plant and Company goals and objectives.
- Embraces the challenge of problem solving and identifying and implementing well thought through practical solutions.
- Office environment and plant floor.
- Desk work.
- Constant communication with employees, peers, management, suppliers and customers.
- Overtime as required.
- Ability to travel outside of Canada as necessary
Health and Safety Responsibilities:
- Must work in accordance with Health and Safety regulations, Company rules, plant rules, and policies and procedures.
- Must use or wear equipment, protective devices or certain clothing as required by the situation or environment.
- Perform other duties as required
- Working in a great team environment
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- RRSP with company match
- Short term and long-term disability coverage
- Supplier discounts
- Tuition reimbursement and training opportunities
Interested candidates please contact Stephanie Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org.