Posted:August 19, 2022
Our Client, a recognized leader in private equity investments is searching for a Senior Associate, National Accounts.
Founded in 2015, Our client is a recognized leader in private equity investments and believes all Canadians should be able to responsibly build their wealth through high quality real estate investments. Their exponential growth is a direct outcome of their leadership team understanding how the industry works and how to create long-term wealth through real estate investing. They have discovered that finding the right opportunities involves time, experience, and discipline. Their strategy is always forward-looking, anticipating trends and adapting their selection to strengthen their market position, capitalizing on value creation opportunities, and building the most robust portfolio possible for their investors. They attract diverse, exceptionally talented people and create an atmosphere that rewards initiative, independent thinking, and integrity.
About the Position:
We are seeking an ambitious self-starter with a high degree of energy, motivation, and discipline to achieve sales success. Reporting to the VP, National & Strategic Relationships, you will be primarily responsible for assisting the firm’s National Accounts team with the development of new business from Investment Dealers and the professional financial community and servicing existing clients.
Successful candidates must have a strong work ethic with a client centric focus to head office relationship management. The reputation of the firm with its partners, clients and regulators is paramount.
Key Functions and Responsibilities:
- Establishing initial contact with new leads from the company’s proprietary database to initiate the new business development process via outbound calling to the financial dealer community (IIROC, MFDA, EMD and Discretionary PM firms).
- Provide support to senior team members – ensuring required activity levels are achieved.
- Assist with the firm’s growth by continuing to identify and pursue opportunities for new relationships with firms and with the advisor community.
- Book meetings, deliver presentations, and attend appointments when required.
- Ensure high levels of client satisfaction both at the dealer partner and individual advisor and investor level.
- Achieve daily, weekly, and monthly targets while ensuring company database is kept up to date.
- Event planning and management, network at industry events.
- Develop and maintain an excellent understanding of the firm’s investment products.
- Understanding client needs & objectives and transitioning them to the firm’s solutions and products.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Highly developed phone and in-person sales and conversation skills, ability to answer questions from industry professionals in a competent manner.
- Excellent phone conversation and in-person
- Networking ability to target key decision makers and the ability to build rapport quickly.
- Strong client service skills and the ability to confidently handle client interactions.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills. Multilingual an asset.
- One must be highly self-motivated and have a strong work ethic and discipline. Ability to
consistently perform at a high-level with minimal oversight.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, desire to constantly improve and receptive to feedback.
- Ability to perform under pressure in a rapidly growing, results-driven environment.
- Strong time management, follow-up and organizational skills.
- Excellent sales skills. B2B sales, fundraising, territory management an asset.
- High performance standards and ability to put the time in to achieve results.
- Ability to travel nationally as required.
Education and Experience:
- A post-secondary degree in communications, finance, business, or related field.
- A minimum of 2+ years’ experience in investment product sales or advisory industry. Alternative products experience an asset.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
In addition to being dedicated to building a workforce that leverages diverse talent, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible experience where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. We are an equal opportunity employer that values a culture that reflects and celebrates diversity of thought, background and experience. If you require accommodation for any part of the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms, etc.), please let us know, so that we will work with you to meet your needs.
Interested candidates please contact Stephanie Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org.