Posted:September 1, 2021
Our client, a private equity firm is searching for a Managing Director.
The firm focuses on providing Canadian investors with private market real estate investment solutions. It is staffed by highly qualified people who are hard working, team- oriented, and focussed on getting the results necessary to be successful.
The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the company capital raising entity. They will be responsible for all capital raise activities and business development as it relates to the distribution of the firm’s investment funds and products. These activities include developing and overseeing the firm’s three capital raise departments: retail (direct sales to the public), wholesale (sales to EMD, MFDA and IIROC firms) and institutional sales, as well as, providing assistance to the discretionary PM division.
- Develop and implement strategies to obtain buy-in for the firm’s products and offerings from each of the various distribution channels.
- Manage and develop the sales team to continue to grow the level of capital raise for the firm.
- Ensure a high-level of actionable activity so that sales targets are achieved.
- Drive revenue by prospecting and developing new relationships, as well as, capturing more “share of wallet” from clients and supporters.
- Oversee and assist in any due diligence/onboarding processes with both financial firms and institutional investors.
- Maintain excellent relationships and ensure a high levels of client/partner satisfaction to enhance the firm’s reputation.
- Assist with the firm’s growth by continuing to identify and pursue opportunities for new relationships with firms/investors.
- Diligent, conscientious and detail-oriented sales and operational professional.
- Highly organized and results-focused with a strong track record of managing multiple accounts, activities and mandates.
- Experience in retail, wholesale and institutional investment offering sales.
- Strong ability to grow, manage and motivate various sales teams.
- Anticipatory, proactive and responsive – thinks ahead and plans accordingly with minimal guidance.
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal and relationship management skills – operates with tact, diplomacy and integrity always.
- Maintains a calm and confident demeanor under pressure.
- Strong work ethic and team player – trustworthy, capable and reliable.
- A minimum of 10 plus years’ experience in a similar position. Must have a proven network of existing Alternative or private market experience an asset.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced high-stress growth environment.
Interested candidates please contact Stephanie Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org.