Posted:September 8, 2021
Our client, a diversified financial services organization, is looking to hire a Manager, Registered Plans Trustee Services.
The Manager, Registered Plans Trustee Services is responsible for the day-to-day management of the Bare Trust division, accountable for the operations of the Bare Trust portfolio of $2.8 Billion in deposits and the top client relationships of our Trust Services. The Manger, Registered Plans Trustee Services supports the growth of the Bare Trust business line by providing expert registered plans knowledge directly to our clients and identifying new product and service opportunities. Leadership responsibilities include mentoring and coaching one or more Trust Administrators, and keeping the team on track to complete all of the appropriate operational and control tasks required of TS as Trustee.
Support the growth by knowing our organizational goals
- Break the organizational goals down to be achievable at a team level
- Drive the efforts of the team to meet those goals
Contribute to the annual growth target (12-15% YOY) of the division by identifying new products & services to our existing client base and participating in sales activities, presentations and onboarding of new prospects along side the Business Development Team.
Ensure strong client relationships are maintained through your own interactions with clients as well as your team’s
- Be knowledgeable of our clients businesses and their expectations at all Drive the team to meet or exceed these expectations
- Stay informed on registered plans related legislation in order to keep our clients up to date with current regulatory landscape
- Manage the operational tasks during the client onboarding phase
- Research and resolve client issues, ensuring that responses are accurate and timely
- Engage internal teams such as the Relationship Management group and share any relevant information to enhance the client experience
- Responsible for updating and amending internal policy and procedures as well as preparing guidance and minimum requirement documents for clients for any changes to registered plan legislation contained in the Income Tax Act and the various provincial Pension Acts.
- Ensure the completion of our operational and control tasks, demonstrating a strong understanding of the business through your ability to identify and strengthen any weaknesses in current operational processes
- Know our policies, procedures and controls, ensuring that they are consistently applied by the team
- Identify and execute projects that provide strategic improvement to our operations or that are important to ensure compliance with current policy or regulation
- Take current registered plans legislation and operationalize it by translating into policy and procedure, and ensuring that specimen documents and all related client forms are updated to comply
- Undertake the development and maintenance of specimen documents as well as addendums
- Take a leading role in identifying and or assessing new registered products for addition to CWT’s overall Bare Trust offering
- Ensure the timely execution of Annual Client Reviews
- Keep the Registered Plans Manual up to date and ensure clients are kept informed of any changes
- Special duties can be assigned for completion, as discussed with assigned leader
Develop an empowered and client centric team that has a deep knowledge of our product and of the department’s operational responsibilities
- Conduct regular performance coaching and goal setting to instill empowerment and a culture of excellence
- Provide product training that enhances the teams knowledge of the registered plans industry
- Identify and develop the next generation of leaders
- Oversee the interviewing, hiring, and performance review cycle for direct reports, ensuring that issues are addressed and resolved with professionalism, dignity and respect
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Degree in business, finance, commerce, related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 4 – 6 years banking/trust or related experience, including 2-3 years in a supervisory/managerial role
- Registered plans or pension plan administration experience an asset
- Strong management, organizational and communication skills Proactive planner, with a proven ability to bring projects to completion
- Able to identify and hire A players
- Able to develop and mentor talent
- Strong working knowledge of registered plans operations and legislation Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
IMPACT AND MAGNITUDE OF JOB (SCOPE)
The Manager, Registered Plans Trustee Services is responsible for leading a team. The Manager, Registered Plans Trustee Services operates under minimal direction and is required to adjust to industry, regulatory and system changes as they occur, implementing new policies and procedures as necessary, within a risk based framework.
The Manager, Registered Plans Trustee Services is accountable to update internal policy and procedures and provide client guidance (Bare Trust Manual) for any changes to registered plan legislation alongside Sr. Management.
The Manager, Registered Plans Trustee Services has a Level A Signing authority.
The Manager, Registered Plan Trustee Services is accountable for contributing towards the annual revenue target for the Bare Trust division.
The Manager, Registered Plans Trustee Services is responsible for ensuring high quality customer service and satisfaction
- Trust Services Department employees
- Department employees (Legal, Treasury, Finance)
- Partner companies
- Bare Trust Clients
- Bare Trust Prospects
- Investment Managers
- Vendors (FIS GlobalPlus, Hemlock Harling)
- Regulators (CRA, ESDC, Provincial Pension Departments)
- Reasonable overtime hours may be required during periods of high volume or as related to specific, large projects (i.e. system conversion, )
Interested candidates please contact Stephanie Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org.