Posted:March 7, 2022
Our client, an award winning Canadian financial institution, is hiring for a Manager, Program Finance.
Our institution offers creative structured financing that responds directly to the specific needs of each customer. They have earned a reputation for innovative lending solutions coupled with an unparalleled ability to build long- term relationships. With more than 35,000 customers and financial portfolio exceeding $2 billion and still growing.
As Manager, Program Finance – the incumbent will provide comprehensive credit support for assigned existing bank clients and new opportunities with client-facing growth opportunities. The majority of
bank clients have a national presence with each requiring their own unique structured finance solution.
• Manage the credit approval process for assigned Program client relationships, including, but not limited to: structuring of new accounts, annual reviews, preparation and presentation of credit submissions to Credit Risk Management
• Support assigned Account Managers from a credit perspective, with growth opportunities in fulsome client- facing account management
• Partner with colleagues to foster new Program Customer relationships and onboarding of new Program Customers
• Promote awareness of the Group’s various national business offerings to increase account penetration and maximize corporate sales revenues
• Attend site visits with or without lead Account Manager or Audit Manager, as required
• Provide accurate monthly business volume forecasts in a form and level of detail acceptable
• Preparation of the purchase or loan master agreements in conjunction with legal, as required
• Ensure customer compliance with master governing agreement triggers and covenants
• Prepare various monthly and quarterly Program Customer reports as may be required
• Utilize Microsoft Outlook for all appointments and scheduling and utilize 3rd party portfolio management software for all facility management.
Foundational knowledge and experience:
A bachelor’s degree in commerce, finance or accounting combined with four years of financial services experience within functions of commercial lending and credit adjudication supported by well-developed skills in financial statement analysis, structuring transactions, and knowledge of effective risk mitigation strategies for credit underwriting. Equivalent learning and experience will be considered.
Critical success factors
Customer focused. Deliver outstanding customer experiences at every interaction and execute on plans to continuously build the customer experience, in line with our brand promise. Provide full-service solutions for clients with the view to be every customer’s primary financial partner.
Relationship oriented. Develop and execute a relationship strategy for each customer, identify the key issues surrounding the relationship and implement a strategy to facilitate the expansion of our partnership with the business.
Financially savvy. Practiced skills in financial statement analysis and concrete know how of effective risk mitigation strategies for credit underwriting. Strategic thinking, decisive action. Confidence in the art of negotiation, influencing and collaboration skills. Demonstrated ability to assess complex scenarios, make appropriate recommendations and assess complex scenarios and make appropriate recommendations.
Effective Communicator. You can communicate and convey messages concisely. You have refined your negotiation, influencing and collaboration skills. Your communication and relationship skills support your innate ability to easily work across multiple business units.
Problem Solver. You approach work with a sense of wonder, learning how to adapt and solve problems utilizing your analytical and reasoning skills – making sound decisions, relying on your confidence to assess complex scenarios.
Organization and Time Management. You have the knack to effectively manage several priorities simultaneously and a keen eye for details.
Decision Maker. You are energized when faced with ambiguity and can adjust your approach – with people and problems – to respond efficiently and effectively in changing conditions. Using your strong problem-solving skills, you assess situations and confidently make recommendations to resolve any situation.
Interested candidates please contact Stephanie Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org.