Posted:January 5, 2022
Our client, is hiring for a Manager, Operations to join as a key member of the management team.
The successful candidate will manage the client service and administrative teams, oversee firm wide client reporting and operational processes, participate in the firm’s IT planning and management, and manage the firm’s office infrastructure. As a key member of the management team, the successful candidate’s primary responsibility is to ensure the quality, effectiveness, and efficiency of the client service and administrative teams and processes to support the company’s mission of investment and client service excellence.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Daily management of the client service team to ensure timely processing of documents, securities, and client fund transfers.
2. Work with staff and the portfolio managers to troubleshoot and resolve specific client issues.
3. Liaise with the firm’s custodian.
4. Manage client reporting systems and processes including the responsibility for production and distribution of quarterly statements and annual tax packages.
5. Supervise document management personnel including client recordkeeping systems and processes.
6. Document operational, administrative and client service policies, procedures, and work instructions.
7. Oversee the operation of the firm’s client portal.
8. Participate in the firm’s Portfolio Management System and IT Committees.
9. Maintain the firm’s Policy and Procedures manual.
10. Participate in the development and execution of the annual business plan.
11. Other responsibilities and operational projects as assigned.
1. Supervise the firm’s administrative staff to ensure smooth daily operation of the office.
2. Manage the firm’s office infrastructure including facilities, IT equipment and liaising with the firm’s landlord.
3. Manage the firm’s benefits and insurance programs.
1. Assist in preparation of regulatory filings and maintenance of compliance logs.
2. Ensure all client service procedures, documentation, communications and files comply with AML, FATCA and CRS reporting requirements.
3. Participate as a member of the firm’s Compliance Committee.
- Undergraduate degree in business, finance, accounting or related discipline
- Industry related education including CSC, CFP, CIM, and/or compliance courses
- Three plus years of people management experience
- Three plus years experience with an investment counsel firm or securities firm focused on affluent Canadians with direct client service experience
- Extensive knowledge of investment operations, registered plans, client reporting, cash management. This includes products, compliance procedures and custody.
- Oriented to “hands on” daily management of tasks, communications, and projects Proven ability to deliver a high level of service
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational, and project management skills • Ability to juggle multiple priorities and deadlines
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Flexible regarding working hours to meet service levels when required
- Knowledge of Ndex Systems is a plus
- Accurate, timely client service and deliverables
- Successful team leadership
- On time project completion and quality
- Successful completion of assigned tasks
- The development and implementation of process improvements
- Quality of interpersonal relations.
- Contributions to firm spirit and compatibility with culture
Interested candidates please contact Stephanie Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org.