Posted:September 15, 2023
Our client, a recognized leader in private equity investments is searching for an Associate (Capital Markets).
Founded in 2015, our client is approaching half a billion in assets under management. Their exponential growth is a direct outcome of the leadership team understanding how the industry works and how to create long-term wealth through real estate investing. They have discovered that finding the right opportunities involves time, experience, and discipline. The strategy is always forward-looking, anticipating trends and adapting our selection to strengthen our market position, capitalizing on value creation opportunities, and building the most robust portfolio possible for our investors. We attract exceptionally talented people and create an atmosphere that rewards initiative, independent thinking, and integrity.
About the Position:
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Sales Associate (Capital Markets) role is a licensed Dealing Representative and responsible for developing new private client business. The Sales Associate is expected to be knowledgeable about real estate-based product offerings, the investor subscription process, Exempt Market Dealer compliance regulations and requirements, and must have the ability to effectively assess investor suitability.
Key Functions and Responsibilities:
- An ambitious self-starter with a high degree of energy, motivation and discipline to achieve sales success
- Developing one’s pipeline of business through various sources and continuously working to grow one’s network of business.
- Growing a direct private client customer base and developing new opportunities with external business partners.
- Understanding client needs & objectives and transitioning them to the firm’s solutions and products.
- Achieving monthly and annual sales targets.
- Developing an excellent understanding of approved investment products.
- Participating at corporate events as required.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent sales skills.
- Strong client service skills and the ability to confidently handle client interactions.
- Strong ability to grow their investor network.
- High performance standards and ability to put the time in to achieve results.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and desire to work hard and consistently improve.
- Desire to bring credible, proven, long term wealth solutions to clients.
Education and Experience:
- 2 years+ experience in the financial services or real estate investment sales, in a client facing capacity.
- A post-secondary degree or equivalent business experience.
- Completion of or working towards the completion of the Canadian Securities Course (CSC) or the IFSE Exempt Market Proficiency Course.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
In addition to being dedicated to building a workforce that leverages diverse talent, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible experience where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. We are an equal opportunity employer that values a culture that reflects and celebrates diversity of thought, background and experience. If you require accommodation for any part of the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms, etc.), please let us know, so that we will work with you to meet your needs. We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue will be contacted.
Interested candidates please contact Stephanie Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org.