Our client, is searching for a Assistant Controller.
- Oversee the financial functions at the plant, including cash and back, consumable inventory, capital
assets, accounts payable, inter-company transactions, payroll, and other related accruals and
- Assist in the completion of month end, quarter end, and year end processes including:
o Overseeing the preparation and review of the monthly reconciliation binder that provides
support for all balance sheet accounts
o Preparation of assigned account reconciliations and analysis to support financial statements –
identifying improvement opportunities and making recommendations to improve the quality,
transparency, and effectiveness of the analyses.
o Assisting in the data extraction to support the preparation of standard corporate reporting
o Support and assist in the co-ordination of external and internal audit requirements within a
Public Company (TSX).
- Oversee the Treasury function (150M+ in purchases per year) of the entity including supervision over
the online banking portal, payment runs, and deposits, as well as being the main point of contact to the
Corporate Treasury group.
- Oversee Tooling & Capital invoice approval process by liaising with Program Management and other production facilities to ensure required milestone approvals are obtained prior to processing
invoices for payments.
- Assist the Controller with creating an accurate short-term and medium-term cash flow forecast which is
reviewed by the V.P. of Finance and V.P. of Program Management prior to submission to the
Corporate Treasury Group.
- Assist with the development, evaluation, and help guide operations on key performance indicators in a
job shop manufacturing environment.
- Ensure monthly key business performance reports are prepared and submitted in a timely manner with
well supported variances analyses.
- Implement and maintain internal controls at the plant to ensure compliance with the Bill 198
Prepare ad hoc reporting and participate in other projects as required.
- University degree in Finance, Commerce, Accounting, or Business Administration. Professional
designation (CPA, CA, CMA, CGA) desirable.
- 5-10 years’ experience in industry reporting and analysis, with proven project management skills
- An independent critical thinker who displays attention to detail and good understanding of business.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain an effective system of internal controls over all financial areas
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and time management skills with the ability to multi-task
- Experience in working in an AS400 environment (CMS or Solarsoft experience is preferred)
- Advanced MS Office skills including data extraction, and financial modelling
- Experienced with integrated financial software packages (knowledge of SAP-BPC is an asset)
- Proven self-starter, who requires limited supervision and direction, yet achieves tasks and overcomes
problems and provides effective direction and analysis – a high degree of initiative/self-starter nature
Demonstrates focus and drive to achieve targets, budgets and results through development and
maintenance of operational and financial KPI’s/Dashboards.
- Desire and ability to learn about the business and understand the production process by attending and
participating in daily production meetings and regularly walking through the production floor to develop
the necessary link between the production processes and the financial statements.
- Adopts a proactive approach and a perpetual willingness to get personally involved in the achievement
of Departmental, Plant and Company goals and objectives.
Embraces the challenge of problem solving and identifying and implementing well thought through
Office environment and plant floor.
- Desk work.
- Constant communication with employees, peers, management, suppliers, and customers.
- Overtime as required.
Ability to travel outside of Canada as necessary
Health and Safety Responsibilities:
- Must work in accordance with Health and Safety regulations, Company rules, plant rules, and policies and
Must use or wear equipment, protective devices or certain clothing as required by the situation or
- Working in a great team environment
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- RRSP with company match
- Short term and long-term disability coverage
- Supplier discounts
- Tuition reimbursement and training opportunities
Interested candidates please contact Stephanie Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org.