Posted:March 6, 2022
Our client, a diversified global automotive supplier, is looking for a Finance Manager.
Engaged in the design, development and manufacturing of metal parts, assemblies and modules, complex fluid management systems and aluminium products. They employ approximately 15,000 skilled and motivated people at manufacturing, engineering and technical centres in Canada, the United States, Mexico, Brazil, Germany, Slovakia, Spain and China. Their business strategy leverages world-class technologies, motivated and talented people, and high-quality products.
Mission is to make people’s lives better by:
- Delivering outstanding quality products and services to our customers.
- Providing meaningful opportunity, job satisfaction, and job security for our people.
- Being positive contributors to our communities; and,
- Providing superior long-term investment returns to our stakeholders.
Their strength is their people
- Manage investments in new programs launching for all plants within the Metallics Business Unit (~$100-200Mio.USD/ Year)
- Provide visibility and insight of business operations to management through exceptional data analysis to support management decision making. This includes the analysis of revenue, in house and intercompany costs, product offerings, and mix optimization to drive increased profitability.
- Partner with the functional and operational teams to support the preparation of the capital and tooling rolling forecast and annual budget by ensuring timely and accurate inputs of project milestone data, engineering changes, and contract revisions.
- Design, prepare, and maintain complex financial models when needed to support business decisions.
- Take the lead in analyzing and reviewing complex government financing – maximizing the efficiency of its usage and ensuring creditor agreement compliance.
- Develop, evaluate, and help guide operations on key performance indicators in a job shop manufacturing environment.
- Ensure monthly key business performance reports are prepared and submitted in a timely manner with well supported variances analyses.
- Collaborate with the Controller and Purchasing team to improve data analysis tools and take the initiative to improve the quality and efficiency of financial data and processes.
- Assist in the completion of month end, quarter end, and year end processes including:
- Preparation of assigned account reconciliations and analysis to support financial statements – identifying improvement opportunities and making recommendations to improve the quality, transparency, and effectiveness of the analyses.
- Managing and recording program recognition journal entries.
- Assisting in the data extraction to support the preparation of standard corporate reporting requirements including Capital and Tooling balances by program in a timely manner.
- Support and assist in the co-ordination of external and internal audit requirements within a Public Company (TSX).
- Prepare ad hoc reporting and participate in other projects as required.
- University degree in Finance, Commerce, Accounting, or Business Administration.
- Professional designation (CPA, CA, CMA, CGA) desirable.
- 5-10 years’ experience in industry reporting and analysis, with proven project management skills
- An independent critical thinker who displays attention to detail and good understanding of business.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain an effective system of internal controls over all financial areas
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and time management skills with the ability to multi-task
- Experience in working in an AS400 environment (CMS or Solarsoft experience is preferred)
- Advanced MS Office skills including data extraction, query building, financial modelling, and dashboards
- Experienced with integrated financial software packages (knowledge of SAP-BPC is an asset)
- Proven self-starter, who requires limited supervision and direction, yet achieves tasks and overcomes problems and provides effective direction and analysis – a high degree of initiative/self-starter nature
- Demonstrates focus and drive to achieve targets, budgets and results through development and maintenance of operational and financial KPI’s/Dashboards.
- Desire and ability to learn about the business and understand the production process by attending and participating in daily production meetings and regularly walking through the production floor to develop the necessary link between the production processes and the financial statements.
- Adopts a proactive approach and a perpetual willingness to get personally involved in the achievement of Departmental, Plant and Company goals and objectives.
- Embraces the challenge of problem solving and identifying and implementing well thought through practical solutions.
- Office environment and plant floor.
- Desk work.
- Constant communication with employees, peers, management, suppliers, and customers.
- Overtime as required.
- Ability to travel outside of Canada as necessary
Health and Safety Responsibilities
- Must work in accordance with Health and Safety regulations, Company rules, plant rules, and policies and procedures.
- Must use or wear equipment, protective devices or certain clothing as required by the situation or environment. Benefits:
- Working in a great team environment
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- RRSP with company match
- Short term and long-term disability coverage
- Supplier discounts
- Tuition reimbursement and training opportunities
Interested candidates please contact Stephanie Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org.