Posted:August 22, 2021
Our client is a diversified global automotive supplier, is in search of a Controller.
The company is engaged in the design, development and manufacturing of metal parts, assemblies and modules, complex fluid management systems and aluminium products. They employ approximately 15,000 skilled and motivated people at manufacturing, engineering and technical centers in Canada, the United States, Mexico, Brazil, Germany, Slovakia, Spain and China. Their business strategy leverages world-class technologies, motivated and talented people, and high-quality products.
- College diploma or University Accounting degree (CA, CMA or CPA designation preferred)
- A minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience in a decentralized manufacturing environment with complete responsibility for the finance function; automotive experience is preferred
- Managed a team of at least four direct reports with proven leadership and problem-solving skills
- An independent critical thinker who displays attention to detail
- Commercially minded/Entrepreneurial
- Displays Leadership within a financially driven organization
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and time management skills with the ability to multi-task
- Experience in working in an AS400 environment (CMS or Solarsoft experience is preferred)
- Knowledge of Bill 198 internal control requirements
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and Word
Critical Success Factors:
- Demonstrates focus and drive to achieve targets, budgets and results using an assertive style
- Desire to become a business partner to the general manager by thoroughly understanding the business, providing accurate and timely information to the management team, taking the initiative to identify and implement costs saving projects that will assist in improving the overall profitability of the plant.
- Desire and ability to learn about the business and understand the production process by attending and participating in daily production meetings and regularly walking through the production floor to develop the necessary link between the production processes and the financial statements.
- Educate and train departmental managers of the financial impact of their decisions and hold them accountable to a predetermined budget.
- Clearly communicate weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual financial results to the general manager and Corporate including explanations of variances of actual compared to weekly forecast and budget.
- Effectively manage and take complete ownership and control of the finance department with respect to month-end reporting as well as day-to-day activities.
- Proven self-starter that requires limited supervision and direction, yet achieves tasks and overcomes problems and provides effective direction and development for staff.
- Adopts an active approach and a perpetual willingness to get personally involved in order to increase the pace and efficiency and achieve departmental, plant and Company goals and objectives.
- Consistently thinking beyond the borders of finance to help create a culture of continuous improvement.
- Embraces the challenge of problem solving and identifying and implementing well thought through practical solutions.
- Responsible for the entire financial function at the plant, including cash and bank, accounts receivable, inventory, capital assets, accounts payable, inter-company transactions and other related accruals and receivables.
- Responsible for the review of the monthly reconciliation binder prepared by subordinates that provides support for all balance sheet accounts.
- Comply with Corporate reporting requirements on weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis ensuring compliance with accounting policies and procedures.
- Create a system whereby an accurate forecast can be prepared and submitted to Corporate on a regular On a weekly basis, prepare and review the plants weekly forecast and communicate any changes from the previous weeks forecast to the general manager and Corporate. On a monthly basis, explain the differences between the actual results and the previous weeks forecast, and the previous month’s actual results.
- Review and approve standard and non-standard journal entries each month.
- Implement and maintain internal controls at the plant to ensure compliance with the Bill 198 requirements
- Proactively provide continuous improvement ideas relating to both financial and production processes.
- Prepare the annual budget for the plant by leading the entire budget process at the plant by requesting various departmental head involvement in the process of the development of manpower and controllable material budgets so they are held accountable for any variances from budget each month. Work closely with the general manager to ensure that all budgeted changes and cost saving initiatives and new or lost business awards are correctly captured in the budget
- Work closely with all departmental heads to identify any inefficiencies in processes and potential cost saving initiatives including freight costs savings, outsourced production parts savings, improvements in inventory management, reduced scrap and develop and lead projects to ensure timely realization of the identified costs savings.
- Review accounts receivable aging each month and proactively follow-up on collections issues with subordinates.
- Manage the local annual external audit by completing the Corporate audit kit with all the required supporting reconciliations and documentation, ensuring that no audit adjustments are identified during the audit.
- Provide all the necessary information to the internal audit department during their audit and immediately address any concerns that are identified.
- Assist with the review of customer quotations prior to submitting to Corporate for review and approval.
- Thoroughly understand all capital spending projects prior to submitting to Corporate for review and approval, including payback calculations. Collect and review all information required for capital requests, ensuring all local approval has been received.
- Lead the physical inventory counts and inventory valuation.
- Complete performance appraisals for subordinates ensuring continuous development of staff.
- Provide support and contribute to the quality and environmental requirements and regulations as well as the implementation and maintenance of Company Manufacturing Systems at the plant.
- Office environment and plant floor.
- Desk work.
- Constant communication with employees, peers, management, suppliers and customers.
- Overtime as required.
Health and Safety Responsibilities
- Must work in accordance with Health and Safety regulations, Company rules, plant rules, and policies and procedures.
- Must use or wear equipment, protective devices or certain clothing as required.
- Perform other duties as required.
Interested candidates please contact Stephanie Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org.