Posted:September 19, 2019
Our client, a goal of being the best foreign bank in Canada, is continuing to grow and are looking for a motivated Senior Credit Risk Analyst to join their Bank.
Since 1981, our client has been committed to providing excellence to our clients. boasts an extensive overseas network with more than 1200 offices in 25 countries. Our 9 branches in Canada serve the cities of Toronto, Calgary, Vancouver, Burnaby, Coquitlam, and Richmond.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Perform monthly review of the adequacy and accuracy of Stage 3 Allowance calculated by Credit Planning Department and makes appropriate recommendation to Credit Planning Department.
- Maintain and update Expected Credit Loss (ECL) Policy
- Prepare reports regarding Management adjustment, staging adjustment, Forward Looking Factors, Trend analysis of ECL for Allowance Committee.
- Perform data quality assessment on ECL related data
Loan Portfolio Limits Management
- Support setting up of loan portfolio limits
- Perform monitoring on portfolio limits and key monitoring items
- Support in management of related policy and guideline
- Prepare related reports (Credit Risk Management Update)
Basel Capital Adequacy Reporting (BCAR) review
- Perform 2nd line of defense review on Asset classification, Credit risk weighting, Credit risk mitigation of BCAR
- Perform update on
Credit Rating Model Risk Management
- Assess and manage model risk for Credit Rating Model in accordance with Model Risk Management Procedure
Other Credit Risk Managements
- Support in management of credit risk management related policies and guidelines
- Perform credit risk analytics and stress tests as requested by CRO
- Perform review on amendment of related loan guidelines as 2nd line of defense
- Prepare Korean Corporation exposure reports for Parent Bank
- Prepare regulatory return (BH) for OSFI submission
- Perform other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong knowledge of Excel and other analysis tools and/or programs
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively as part of a team
- Ability to manage and take ownership of numerous projects simultaneously
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce
- Relevant professional experience in the credit risk management at financial institution
What You Need To Know
Must be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work permit that allows the candidate to fulfill the requirements of the role.