Job Title: Director, Investment Banking -
Our client is a leading Canadian-based
global financial institution. Through their three major businesses - Retail and
Business Banking, Wealth Management and Capital Markets - they provide a full
range of financial products and services to 11 million individuals, small
business, commercial, corporate and institutional clients in Canada and around
the world. They invest in their businesses, their clients, their people and
their communities to deliver consistent and sustainable earnings to our
The Capital Markets Investment Banking
group provides equity and debt underwriting as well as corporate finance
advisory services to corporations. The
Investment Banking group of professionals are dedicated specifically to
advising clients on mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, hostile takeovers,
buyouts, takeover defense and restructurings.
There is an extensive amount of interaction with other groups within the
firm in order to provide clients with customized financing and advisory
guidance from a Managing Director or Executive Director complete assignments
that impact the firm's bottom line through deal execution, client relationships
and contribution to the overall communication flow for CIT Investment Banking -
- Understanding and Responding to Your
Clients' Business Needs
- Research, develop and maintain a thorough
understanding of the client's business and industry to assist in the
identification and/or analysis of potential or actual business opportunities
- Ensure the coverage team is aware of
material developments in the industry and the marketplace in which these
- Identify and anticipate client needs and
provide excellent client service.
- May be responsible for developing junior
accounts that have been identified.
- Developing Internal and External Relationships
- Take advantage of in depth knowledge of the
client and industry to generate ideas/opportunities that can be discussed with
the relevant relationship manager and/or deal/coverage team.
- Coordinate client-focused and/or
deal-focused "brainstorming" sessions with relevant team members and product
- Liaise with other units of Capital Markets
in preparing proposals for clients.
- Develop relationships and actively
communicate with various appropriate contacts at the client.
- Develop and maintain an internal network
with product groups, other business groups, etc.
- Develop and maintain an external network
with the market (i.e. Key stakeholders, prospects, etc.) and support the
institutional image through involvement in community activities.
- Executing the Deal and Providing Flawless
- Play a lead role in the execution of client
transactions including acting as the central point of contact for the deal team
and/or product execution as appropriate through the completion of a
- Lead and oversee financial modeling and
analyses and provide corresponding recommendations to internal and client
- Conduct deal related due diligence
activities and present findings internally.
- Participate in developing investor
presentation materials and in "road show" marketing activities.
- Work with outside working group members
including legal advisors, accounting advisors, auditors, etc.
- Responsible for the overall information and
communication flow on deal teams.
- Managing and Coaching Analysts and
- Actively manage and mentor the Associates
and Analysts that work with you and provide regular feedback to them.
- Minimum 6 years previous corporate
finance/investment banking experience combined with completion of an MBA, CA or
CFA, is required.
- Bilingual in French and English is required
(oral & written)
- Well-developed analytical skills evidenced
by an ability to define what drives outcomes, to surface potential alternative
hypotheses and to test alternatives using insightful analysis
- Detailed working knowledge of the industry
and market to assess impact of market conditions.
- Extremely dedicated and motivated
individual with high career aspirations. Must be capable of assuming high
levels of responsibility within short time frames.
- Well-developed interpersonal and
relationship building skills in order to develop, manage and leverage
relationships with clients, and internal and/or external business partners.
- Well-developed presentation skills
evidenced by ability to be a focused, confident and persuasive presenter.
- Well-developed written and verbal
communication skills sufficient to provide detailed explanation and
interpretation of factual and conceptual information and ideas related to
complex technical and conceptual issues.
- Unquestioned professionalism, ethics and
reputation and proven ability to exercise strong independent judgment when
making business decisions and/or representing Capital Markets.
To apply for this position, please contact:
Collins Recruitment Group
(416) 945-6601 ext. 231
All enquiries and applications will be held in strict confidence.
Return to Listings