Senior Sales Manager - Equipment Finance Leasing- Montreal
The primary objective of the sales team is focused on the provision of Hire Purchase and Leasing products to business customers operating within the SME and MME marketplace. Sale of these products generates both interest and fee based income.
The role holder is office based and is required to make effective customer contact through inbound and/or outbound channels, as required, to proactively broaden and deepen relationships with customers through identifying opportunities to meet a customer's requirements
Principal Accountabilities: Key activities and decision-making areas
- Impact on the Business
- Identify, negotiate & effect sale of hire purchase and leasing and collect document/arrangement fees to meet target levels from an established portfolio of facility customers.
- Undertake prospecting /marketing activity as directed by Sales Manager to grow the customer base within HEF.
- Develop cross sale opportunities from customer & prospect base, and maximize Group portfolio opportunities.
- Provide excellent relationship management to all customers including meeting realistic customer expectations in terms of efficiency, accuracy and professionalism.
- Ensure customer service levels are high thereby mitigating loss of customers and maintain/develop key relationships to protect customer profitability.
- Be a product expert, ensuring that it is used in appropriate circumstances and reducing the likelihood of the Bank being exposed to any reputational, operational or financial risks.
- Develop and communicate effective strategies for winning new business
- Enable the identification of new sales opportunities in the form of new to bank or new to EF Leasing
- Work closely with sales colleagues to promote awareness of EF Leasing products, strategies and competitor information
- Maintain awareness of the applicable regulatory and business environment
- Support development, direction and delivery of strategic initiatives customers / stakeholders
- Be responsible for customer engagement; ensure service excellence at all times, for all aspects of any customer, prospect or professional's interaction with the organization
- Develop & implement appropriately high service standards, focused upon exceeding expectation
- Develop appropriate calling plans with the team to efficiently and effectively achieve goals and objectives
- Ensure the appropriate delivery channel services the customer needs are in place whilst meeting the aspirations of the customer, the Bank and the HEF business.
- Be an ambassador and develop the bank's profile in the local 'International Business' community
- Work in partnership with colleagues across the bank network to deliver exceptional standards and quality of service
- Ensure fairness in all aspects of delivery, sales processes, customer literature & correspondence, financial promotions, administration and complaint handling.
- Participate in internal and external business events, road shows and seminars as required by the business
- Ensure early identification of problem relationships and proper action to be taken on potential and existing problem accounts to protect bank interests
- The jobholder must develop relationships with customers, and implement a cohesive service proposition both to the customer and the Bank, working in partnership with 'field based' sales staff
Leadership & Teamwork
- Generate numerous cross sale introductions to Group providers to meet the banks customer acquisition objectives
- Support and coach new and existing colleagues promoting and contributing to an engagement culture.
- Keep updated with the standard policy and processes
- Act as an ambassador for the team and contribute fully to its development, effectiveness and success.
- Maintain excellent communication with Group colleagues to ensure a joined up approach to identifying and capturing cross border opportunities.
- Provide active feedback to seniors on process, operations, risks etc. and make recommendations as to how these can be changed to secure the customer and the bank.
- Live the Group Values.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the bank brand
- Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Ensure effective use of the tools available in the organization (script, normative, daily bulletin, institutional sites, intranet etc.)
- Ensure that product related information detailed within templates is accurate & full, to ensure an underwriter understands the risks of a transaction under consideration.
- Adhere to structures and processes in place for the management of operational, reputation and regulatory risk.
- Ensure operational quality is not compromised in the pursuit of income
- Ensure operational losses and fraud are minimized
- Respond within agreed timelines to issues raised by audit and external regulators.
- Resolve any/all identified issues promptly, and escalate concerns to management as appropriate to ensure timely awareness of any material concerns.
- Maintain and observe all bank control standards and implement and observe the Group Compliance Policy, including the timely implementation of recommendations made by internal/external auditors and external regulators.
- Maintain awareness of operational risk and minimize the likelihood of it occurring including its identification, assessment, mitigation and control, loss identification and reporting.
- Protect sensitive customer and bank information by ensuring documents, computers, files, and all confidential matters are appropriately handled as set forth by policy.
- Ensure all sales and prospecting activity documentation is complete to provide performance tracking and targeting future sales efforts.
- Compliance with and management of sales suitability risks and requirements
- Ensure all completed sales and prospecting activity documentation is appropriately completed, approved and stored to provide performance tracking, targeted future sales efforts and compliance with sales and transactional suitability guidelines and requirements
- Ensure that all employees are aware of and effectively identify and manage applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Challenging targets to be achieved in a highly competitive corporate market
- Ensure the team attain a high level of technical knowledge on assets and products to enable them to structure transactions in the most appropriate way
- Positively manage the relationship between BANK Equipment Finance and the Bank to the benefit of the overall BANK commercial strategic objectives
- Role Context
- The role holder reports directly to the Sales Manager - Central, and is responsible for the identification, negotiation & sale of hire purchase & leasing products together with fees within key geographical business areas for Equipment Finance.
- The marketplace for these products is mature and highly competitive. A customer may choose its finance provider from a wide array of sources.
- The jobholder is expected to require limited support and guidance in the sale of products and account management activity.
- The jobholder will be have authority to negotiate the pricing of new business within defined parameters, with the objective of maximizing economic profit.
- Management of Risk
- Ensure compliance of both general and anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing (AML/ATF) compliance controls as well as operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
- The jobholder will ensure the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organization.
- The jobholder will also continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology. Additionally they will ensure they effectively manage sales suitability, money laundering, counter terrorist financing, fraud, and reputational risk.
- This will be achieved by ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring.
- Also by addressing any areas of concern in conjunction with line management and/or the appropriate department
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains BANK internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- The jobholder will also adhere to and be able to demonstrate adherence to internal controls. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
- The jobholder will implement the Group compliance policy by containing compliance risk in liaison with Global Head of Compliance, Global Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer. The term 'compliance' embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply.
- This will be achieved by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures and by liaising with Compliance department about new business initiatives at the earliest opportunity. Also and when applicable, by ensuring adequate resources are in place and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture and optimizing relations with regulators.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
- BA in related discipline and 5-8 years of experience working in a competitive sales environment OR MA and 3-5 years of experience working in a competitive sales environment
- Strong leadership and team motivational skills
- Excellent selling and negotiation skills
- Good knowledge of installment finance industry and products, including a sound awareness of competitor product and activity
- Excellent communication skills particularly telephone skills
- Good IT skills and knowledge
- Proven ability in identifying and meeting customer needs through matching a broad range of products and services
- Good level of business acumen and commercial awareness, including economic, cultural, procedural and regulatory issues
- Ability to interact with business customers at all levels
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent time management, planning and organization skills
- Excellent range of communication skills, including written, verbal, and the ability to deliver compelling presentations
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong credit assessment skills, particularly with regard to more complex and structured facilities with an international dimension
- Proven ability to deliver creative and flexible customer solutions.
- Ability to understand a customer's business and the fundamentals of running a business
- Good working knowledge of hire purchase & leasing products, associated packaged insurance products
- Good knowledge of the bank product range
To apply for this position, please contact:
Collins Recruitment Group
(416) 945-6601 x 231
All enquiries and applications will be held in strict confidence.
Return to Listings