Posted:February 22, 2019
Our client, a global foreign financial institution, originally came to Canada in 1981 offering a full range of financial services to Korean businesses and immigrants. evolved and expanded its focus to serve all Canadians. In 2015, after a successful merger our client is now a large domestic bank , but it also boasts an extensive overseas network with more than 1200 offices in 25 countries. Its 11 branches in Canada serve the cities of Toronto, Calgary, Vancouver, Burnaby, Coquitlam, and Richmond.
To achieve our goal of being the best foreign bank in Canada, we are continuing to grow and are looking for a professional Team Lead, Enterprise and Operational Risk Management to join our Bank. We are committed to providing a great workplace environment that fosters a culture of respect, openness and support.
Job Title: Team Lead, Enterprise and Operational Risk Management
Reports to: Chief Risk Officer
Department: Risk Management Direct
Start Date: As soon as possible
- Overall management of Enterprise Risk Management (excluding Credit Risk)
- Oversight of Operational Risk Management program
- Management of Capital Adequacy Assessment and Planning
- Risk Monitoring System Management
- Regulatory Reporting
Roles and Responsibilities
- Overall management of ERM.
- Maintenance of Risk Appetite Framework and Statement, and Risk Management Framework.
- Provide independent challenge of risk activities performed in business and corporate functions.
- Prepare and deliver training to Bank staff on enterprise risk management and Operational.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly risk and regulatory reporting for management risk committees, Board committees, parent bank and regulators.
- Prepare progress reporting on RMD matters for management team, parent bank, and internal audit.
- Organize Risk Management Steering Committee meetings.
- Lead ERM team, including attracting, developing and retaining staff.
Implementation of Operational Risk Management (ORM)
- Oversee implementation of Business Process Mapping & Risk Control Self-Assessments by business and corporate functions, including facilitation of RCSA sessions, challenge of RCSA results, follow-up of action items.
- Maintain Operational Risk Policy and related guidelines.
- Provide oversight of the implementation and monitoring of Key Risk Indicators for Operational Risk across the Bank.
- Implementation of ORM Reporting to Risk Management Steering Committee and the Board’s Risk Management Committee.
Management of Capital Adequacy Planning & Assessment process
- Perform an annual internal capital adequacy assessment and report results to the Risk Management Steering Committee and the Board Risk Management.
- Propose risk limits for capital adequacy.
- Prepare annual capital plan.
- Design and implement stress tests for significant risks.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reporting of capital adequacy and capital planning.
Risk Monitoring System Management
- Manage the maintenance contract
- Ensure adequate controls over the Risk Monitoring System
- Review reports for regulatory returns, parent bank, public disclosure
- Attract, and oversee development and retention of staff, including objective setting, coaching and performance management.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with other members of the Risk Management Department, members of the branch and corporate function teams and other senior management, parent bank personnel, OSFI, external auditors, and members of the Board of Directors.
- Monitor industry developments and regulatory changes for emerging risks and changes that may need to be made to Bank risk management processes. Escalate any related issues to the appropriate departments and the CRO.
- University Degree in business, mathematics or economics
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a risk management role within a Canadian federally regulated financial institution.
- Possess strong analytical skills, including conceptual thinking and excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain a collaborative work environment for staff and colleagues.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication Ability to synthesize and present complex concepts in a clear and concise manner.
- Ownership and Accountability – take responsibility for decision making and accomplishing objectives within role, taking initiative to create value for the bank.