Posted:December 18, 2018
Our client, a leading best foreign bank in Canada, is continuing to grow and are looking for a professional Senior Risk Analyst to join their Bank. We are committed to providing a great workplace environment that fosters a culture of respect, openness and support.
Job Title: Senior Risk Analyst
Reports to: Manager, Risk Management Department
Department: Risk Management
Start Date: As soon as possible
The incumbent is responsible for measuring, monitoring, analyzing, and reporting risk capital results (actuals, forecasts, limits) to the immediate manager as well as producing various reports to assist the senior management (including the board of directors) with review.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Utilize and enhance stress testing programs to adequately quantify Pillar 2 risk capital defined by senior management.
- Produce timely, perceptive and forward-looking risk-based information to enhance the Bank’s risk appetite.
- Produce ICAAP reports consisting of regulatory capital and economic capital analyses.
- Responsible for producing various economic capital reports, both recurring and ad-hoc, to support senior management in strategic decision-making process.
- Responsible for monitoring daily Leverage Ratio.
- Monitor daily and monthly liquidity risk and funding risk indicators including LCR and NSFR.
- Assist in developing risk limits which are aligned with the board approved risk appetite statement.
- Produce regulatory reports and risk capital monitoring report and distribute to OSFI, FSS, the parent bank, and the holding company.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g. mathematics, statistics, finance).
- 2 – 3 years of risk management related work experience (e.g. capital management, stress testing, regulatory reporting accountability, etc.) in the Canadian financial service industry.
- Sound understanding of methods used for measuring and economic capital
- Knowledge of the Basel Accord and OSFI requirements for measuring and assessing capital
- Programming skills and database experience, knowledge of VBA and SQL is preferred.
- Strong understanding of lending and trading products and behaviours of portfolios under stress.
- Capacity to blend quantitative and theoretical thinking
- Must be detailed oriented and be able to timely prepare deliverables to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Korean language skills prepared but not required
What You Need To Know
Must be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work permit that allows the candidate to fulfill the requirements of the role.
Equal Employment Opportunity
KEB Hana Bank Canada is an equal opportunity employer and it is the Bank’s policy to recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications with emphasis on selecting the best qualified person for the position. Only qualified applicants will be contacted. We thank all applicants for their interest.