Posted:May 23, 2019
The Daily Financial Estimates (DFE) Product Control Team is accountable for the integrity and timeliness of gross revenue for management records and reporting; namely Profit and Loss (P&L) reconciliation and decomposition to trader’s Same Day Estimates (SDE). This Team Lead role reports to the Director of the DFE Product Control Team within the accounting center of excellent “COE” where you will be the People Manager of 5 Equity Markets and Equity Derivative DFE analysts.
How You’ll Succeed
- Relationship management – You have good teamwork, partnership and relationship building skills sufficient to act in a collaborative manner given team members and stakeholders different backgrounds and experiences. You will liaise daily with Finance, Front Office and other Capital Markets stakeholder groups.
- Corroboration – You will provide and review related supporting activities to Front Office, Risk Management and Finance, which includes decomposition of P&L by risk factors to ensure business partners, understand the underlying drivers of P&L. Review and consolidate daily commentary and analyses for stakeholders
- Management skill – You have highly developed organization and prioritization skills in order to handle multi-tasking, balancing and prioritizing a number of daily tasks and P&L problems given a work environment of increased expectations around control, service, and accounting transparency. Monitor the effectiveness of the daily control procedures designed to detect an error or omission in daily trade reporting to ensure accuracy of reporting.
- Business focus – You will be accountable to provide direction and leadership to the team. The incumbent is accountable to ensure that the control framework for there are is operating efficiently. You will act as the main point of contact for peer and stakeholders in Capital Markets CFO Group, Front Office, Global Operations, Finance, Risk Management, etc. to ensure resolution of all related issues.
Who You Are
- You understand that success is in the details. You notice things that others don’t. Your critical, analytical thinking skills and sound judgement help to inform your decision making.
- You embrace and champion change. You’ll continuously evolve your thinking and the way you work in order to deliver your best.
- You give meaning to data. You enjoy investigating complex problems and making sense of information. You’re confident in your ability to communicate detailed information in an impactful way.
- You’re a certified professional. You have current accreditation and good standing in a CFA, with 5+ years of relevant Product Control work experience. MBA is a plus.
- You can demonstrate experience in concepts and processes for the PnL reporting of complex and/or sensitive nature; derivative products, customized securities, cross currencies, forwards, options and other vanilla and non-standard derivative transactions.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values – trust, teamwork and accountability.