What You’ll Be Doing
Aligned with the Finance guiding principles, the Capital Markets Accounting team provides strategic advice and financial support to the Capital Markets Trading businesses. As a Senior Manager, Capital Markets Accounting, you will manage a team of professionals to prepare, review and analyze capital markets financial information to ensure quality and faithfulness of financial records for various trading portfolios and structured products. You will manage the month-end accounting and reporting processes to support downstream stakeholders such as Regulatory Reporting and Consolidation groups. You will work closely with the Capital Markets DFE, the CFO group, and other COEs to support your team on the investigation and resolution of source to GL variances.
How You’ll Succeed
- Advisory support – ensure that complete and accurate financial and management accounting information, and supplemental reporting for Trading portfolios within the bank Capital Markets. You will oversee the setup, maintenance, and reporting for multiple trading portfolios.
- Relationship management – possess strong teamwork, partnership and relationship building skills sufficient to act in a collaborative manner with various business partners and stakeholders.
- Consulting – provide oversight and advisory over new and ongoing financial reporting processes and continuously enhance, automate and standardize the current processes.
- Leadership skills – support the Management Team in aspects of improving employee engagement, business partner satisfaction and shareholder value.
- Talent management – You will provide guidance, training and development to analysts and contribute to their achievement of departmental goals and objectives.
Who You Are
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values – trust, teamwork and accountability.
- You embrace and champion change. You’ll continuously evolve your thinking and the way you work in order to deliver your best.
- You give meaning to data. You enjoy investigating complex problems and making sense of information. You’re confident in your ability to communicate detailed information in an impactful way.
- You look beyond the moment. You make decisions and take actions that will make a difference today and tomorrow. You proactively seek new opportunities to define what’s possible.
- You’re a certified professional. You have current accreditation and good standing in CPA.
- You can demonstrate experience and sufficient understanding of concepts and processes for the accounting of complex and/or sensitive information; financial instruments, interest rate products, fixed income and money market products, cross currency derivatives, commodities, options and other vanilla and non-standard derivative transactions.
Our people are our greatest asset. You’ll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone’s unique talents and empowers teams to do what’s right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning, and comprehensive product training
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
Role is located in Toronto.