Posted:May 16, 2019
Our client, a Burlington-based mental health early intervention firm, seeks a Senior Data and Analytics Specialist. The Senior Data and Analytics Specialist is a key position that provides quantitative and qualitative data analysis that enables our client to deliver accurate service delivery and outcomes information to its clients. The incumbent will work with major insurers and employers to integrate internal and external data that enables an accurate depiction of our client’s impact on the insurer’s Group disability activities.
The Senior Data and Analytics Specialist will be responsible for importing, cleansing, transforming, validating, aggregating and analyzing data from internal and external sources with the purpose of generating conclusions about the impact of the company service on client outcomes. Additional responsibilities include creating presentations, graphics and reports. Support in delivering key client presentations will also be part of the role.
- Works with the company and client data analysts to plan, create and distribute service delivery and outcomes reports
- Conducts analysis, summarizes key findings and trends, and produces data sheets, graphics and presentations.
- Researches best practices; develops implementation plan of operational and cost improvement strategies; assists in seeking, evaluating and implementing new technology
- Provides research assistance for strategic planning and business development efforts
- Gathers data from multiple sources and assimilates into meaningful inputs for databases.
- Analyzes data, creates summary reporting, and performs analysis to support the decision making of research, senior management, member companies and internal departments.
- Supports management in identifying new customers, markets, and applications for services and assesses the business impact of those implication
- Builds and manage/maintain database to house data collected from various sources.
- Investigates and implements new database capabilities as required
- Manages market research projects from start to finish.
- Meet all timelines, budgets, and objectives.
- Experience in working with or for Group Insurance companies, particularly the disability management area
- Understanding and familiarity with insurance actuarial data and measurement in the disability management field
- Experience as data specialist in private health care setting
- Bachelor’s degree in math, statistics, computer science or business strongly preferred strong analytic and critical thinking skills
- 5-10 years’ experience in a data and analysis role
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills. Candidate should be able to create and use pivot tables, use advanced functions including VLOOKUP and HLOOKUP, Macros and VBA preferred.
- Intermediate Microsoft Access skills required. Candidate should be able to design and create database with multiple tables, and design and create queries, forms, and reports.
- Experience using survey software, Excel Data Analysis tools, SQL, and software such as Tableau, SAS, SPSS or Minitab strongly preferred.