Posted:August 19, 2019
Market Job Description
This role can be based in Mississauga or Toronto office.
This financial institution is one of the top lead arrangers of asset-based loans in the U.S. with a large and diversified portfolio of close to 2,400 customers and more than $33 billion in loans outstanding. They offer traditional asset-based financing, specialized senior secured financing, accounts receivable financing, purchase order financing, and supply chain financing to a wide range of companies throughout the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom.
The Senior ABL Business Development Officer will report to the Corporate Finance ABL National Sales Manager and will be responsible for connectivity between the Client, internal partners and the portfolio, syndications and underwriting teams that manage/underwrite transactions in Industrials sectors.
- Proactively collaborate with our Corporate Banking Group (CBG) and Securities partners in the relevant industry verticals to develop customer-calling strategies, bolster our overall reputation in those industry sectors, and deliver optimal capital structure solutions to our customers as they migrate between the institution and CBG.
- Grow market share in the assigned industry sectors as measured in terms of revenue generation and customer acquisition/retention
- Develop senior level relationships with prospects and existing borrowers through consistent contact and value added solution oriented calling, including C-Suite dialogue
- Operate as the deal leader for all new portfolio transactions within the designated industry sector; coordinating with our customer, our partners and our deal team to facilitate seamless and consistently successful execution
- Engage in pro-active, strategic relationship planning on covered names to maximize revenue opportunities and leverage our capital commitments
- Develop sector expertise to assist in client relationship management and advocacy in our credit approval process
- Acquiring and analyzing historical and projected financial information, analysis of collateral information and preparation of collateral summaries, proposal letters, pitchbooks, relevant industry analysis, competitors and other information required for the business development and credit approval process.
- Network within the industry and participate in relevant trade conferences to effectively represent our client and enhance our industry knowledge
- Organize periodic industry focused updates where our bankers can share information with the relevant portfolio teams in managing the names in the respective industry sectors
- This person will support the relationship team in all portfolio matters and establishing connectivity with partners in Credit, Securities, CBG and MMB. This connectivity will result in greater customer satisfaction, stronger partnership throughout the institution, incremental asset growth and increased cross-sell opportunities
This position will require travel (15-25% of time)
Market Skills and Certifications
- 5 years of execution experience in asset based lending, corporate banking or investment banking
- Proven ability to communicate powerfully and prolifically, both internally and externally
- Proven ability to drive for results and motivate a team to do the same
- Demonstrated ability to analyze lending opportunities for clients in Industrials sector related to acquisitions, consolidations, DIPs, LBOs, refinancings and corporate growth
- Proven ability to collaborate in a team environment, partnering across lines of business to achieve client acquisition goals
- Experience with large corporate syndications credit.
- Possess a high level of transaction acumen in order to effectively structure, competitively bid, win mandates and regularly bring to closure ABL opportunities
- Demonstrated ability to lead and mentor a team
- Demonstrated ability to develop strategic perspective and champion change when necessary
- Successful track record of originating new credit and or client relationships, including transaction execution experience
- Prior experience building, developing and motivating a diverse team located in multiple geographies
- Additional years of experience in asset based lending, corporate banking or investment banking an asset
- Lending opportunities analysis experience related to acquisitions, consolidations, debtor-in-possession financings, leveraged buy-outs, refinancing, and corporate growth