Posted:September 14th, 2018
Accounting Centres of Excellence (COEs) have an overall responsibility to produce valid, accurate, complete and timely daily, monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting records (books and records) in support of statutory, regulatory, and management reporting.
You will provide expert information and financial accounting support to facilitate the success of the Treasury businesses. The COE provides product control reporting deliverables across our four main operating regions, Canada, USA, Europe, and Asia Pacific. As a Treasury Product Control leader, you will liaise with business partners in front office, operations, risk management, and technology to ensure the integrity of the balance sheet and the P&L of the businesses supported by the Treasury Product Control COE. You will be accountable for the consolidated reporting and detailed reconciliation of PnL decomposition and DFE vs. SDE variance analysis and reporting. This will include all standard daily controls, cash reconciliation position, hedge effectiveness testing, risk reporting, etc.
How You’ll Succeed
- Relationship management – You have good teamwork, partnership and relationship building skills sufficient to act in a collaborative manner.
- Transformation – You will participate in and drive continuous improvement and assist in development of new systems and processes in order to enhance the overall efficiency of the department. You will collaborate to determine business needs and the analytical or financial support required to aid in the effective business decision making process and provide input on issues and insights on new systems initiatives.
- Business focus – You will be accountable to provide strategic direction and leadership to the team. The incumbent is accountable to ensure the control framework for their unit is operating efficiently. You will act as the main point of contact for peer and senior stakeholders in Treasury CFO Group, Front Office, Global Operations, Finance, Risk Management, etc. to ensure resolution of all finance related issues.
- Strategic process owner – You will monitor, update, or enhance existing business or work processes. You will play a leading role in business process definition and supporting infrastructure. You will have the ability to contribute to operational (short term), tactical (1-2 years), and strategic (3-5 years) planning in support of the overall business plan. You will create and implements a strategy for supporting current and future business needs.
Who You Are
- You are a bold and authentic leader. You’re passionate about developing and coaching to bring out the best in people. You have led diverse, high performing teams.
- You’re a certified professional. You have current accreditation and good standing in a CFA, CGA or CPA with 7+ years of relevant work experience. MBA is a plus.
- You can demonstrate experience in product control in order to perform oversight functions. This includes enhancement of financial controls across multiple groups (FO, Operations/Back Office, Reconciliations, and Technology). You have strong knowledge of hedge accounting, Treasury products and business. Hands on experience leading teams specialized in product control or risk.
- You understand that success is in the details. You notice things that others don’t. Your critical thinking skills help to inform your decision making.
- You give meaning to data. You enjoy investigating complex problems and making sense of information. You’re confident in your ability to communicate detailed information in an impactful way.
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values – trust, teamwork, and accountability.